If you’re already a resident in Qatar and would like to get a member of your family for a visit, all you have to do is visit the Ministry of Interior website (click here) ; and then go to the MOI Forms section and download the “ENTRY VISA/EXTENSION APPLICATION” PDF and fill in the required information.
The visa is usually valid for 30 days, and can be extended by resubmitting the same form.
1) Filled up application form
2) Copy of your valid Qatar ID card
3) Copy of your valid Qatar Residence visa
4) Copy of valid passport of your visitor (family member)
5) Copy of your proof of kinship with visitor (in either English or Arabic) with DFA Red ribbon and attested by Philippine Embassy and MOFA (Birth Certificate of your visitor, it may also include your marriage certificate, your wife’s birth certificate if visitor is in-laws)
7) Bank Statements (stamped) for minimum of 6 months (2 Copies)
8) Original letter from your work sponsor citing your profession and salary (Salary requirement is at least QR7000)
9.) Copy of attested work contract
10.) Copy of house rental and kharamaa (rent agreement or company letter stating that housing is company-sponsored)
11.) Copy of Educational Certificate with DFA Red ribbon and attested by Philippine Embassy and MOFA
1. After submission of application of the visa, the approval/rejection might come as soon as 1 working day or may take it’s own time (on average 1 week). If rejected (yes, even after accepting your application it might be rejected for various reasons), you can speak to the immigration head and explain to him (bring with you additional supporting documents). You can check the status of the visa under ‘Visa Approval Tracking’ and once approved you can print the visa under ‘Visa Enquiry & Printing’ by clicking this link .
The above link is for English and you can also print the visa in Arabic by going to the Arabic site.
The visa is valid for one month and can be extended up to 6 months (including the initial month) once your immediate family is in Qatar or 3 months for extended or non-immediate family member.
2. Take a copy of the visa and go to Qatar Airways office and book a ticket with a return date within 1 month (as the initial visa is valid for 1 month). Do not forgot to ask the ticket agent to add the message ‘OK to Board’ on the ticket PNR as this would tell the Qatar Airways staff in the Philippines that the original visa will be stamped on arrival.
3. Send the ticket, visa, your passport copy, your visitor’s passport copy and marriage certificate (as applicable). These documents should be enough.
4. Once your Visitor lands in Qatar, the immigration staff will stamp one month visa on her passport. Within this one month you will have to get her medical done to extend the visa. The medical can be done at Medical Commission or at Ahli Hospital, Doha Clinic or Emadi Hospital. At the Medical Commission no prior appointment is required, your visitor needs to present his/her passport and a credit/debit card of yours to make the payment. After he/she clears the medical (which you can check online), you can go to any immigration office and extend the visa up to a maximum of further 5 months (or 3 months for extended family) – you can do this all in one go or every month. Once you have extended the visa, then you can extend the ticket.
First Status – Application Under Review
Once you submit the applcation in the counter, it will show the status as above
Second Status – Under Processing With Expiry Date
It means, your application is approved, need to wait for a day or couple of days to take print out
Third Status – Visa is ready, please pay the fees at the nearest Immigration office
It is the last status, where you can go and pay the fees and take the print out
Final Status – Printed and Delivered
Once you recieved the print out, it will be changed to the above status.
Application Is Rejected
If your application is rejected, you need to go to the counter and request for committee meeting.
Application is Postponed
Some documents maybe missing, you need to go and ask at the counter for the reason, after that you can submit the additional or missing requirements.
- Visit Visa holders are not allowed to work in Qatar during their stay.
- In case of applying for family visit for relatives, the wife should be residing in Qatar, or with housing rental proof or employment contract.
- A reconciliation amount of QR200 per day is imposed on a visitor who overstays a visit visa and QR30 per day for not completing resident procedures within 7 working days from the date of entry.
- A person may not apply for a visit visa for the same visitor before allowing six months from the date of previous rejection.