Labor card or labor permit is being issued by labour department for all working women who are on family (father/husband) sponsorship.
It is mandatory by Qatar Labour Law of 2005 to have such permit for working women or otherwise it may lead to DEPORTATION &/or paying Qrs. 45,000/- riyals fine as per the said law articles.
- NOC from your husband/father that they allow you to work (must be in arabic). State your and your father/husband QID No., company name and position.
- Police Clearance Certificate – Get an NBI Clearance, have it stamped in Philippine Embassy and attested by MOFA. (for more detailed procedure on NBI Clearance Application, please click here)
- Your passport copy with valid RP
- Copy of educational certificates, translated to arabic and officially stamped by the Philippine Embassy, translated copy must be stamped by Ministry of Trade, then all to be stamped by MOFA. A copy of the medical license for doctors and nurses.
- Copy of current sponsor’s ID card (your husband or father)
- Previous permit (if any)
- Copy of Resignation Letter from previous employer (if previously issued a labor permit)
- A copy of the attested employment contract (with English and Arabic translation)
- Copy of corporate identity card or CR (to be provided by your employer)
- Personal photograph (2 pcs passport size ID picture)
- Fee – QAR560
Normally, we just have to provide the above documents to the employer and they do the rest.
However, if you will do it by yourself, you have to get a letter from your employer addressed to Labor Department stating that you are employed by them. Then, you have to go first to the Labor Office near Andalus Petrol Station. They will give you a set of forms. Take the whole set and go to CEID and get yourself finger printed.
Once that is done and you collect your reports after a week from CEID, go back to Labor and submit the set. You will get your Labor card on payment of Qrs 560.
Labor Card / Permit is valid for 1 year only and can be renewed every year.