DFA Authentication of Documents

The Department of Foreign Affairs, Office of Consular Affairs-Authentication Division is pleased to announce that the following types of documents can now be accepted in all DFA Satellite Consular Offices (DFA-NCR East/SM Megamall and DFA­ NCR West/SM Manila) effective 01 JULY 2013:

1) NBI Clearance

2) Police Clearance*

3) Barangay Certification w/ Mayor Certification*

4) NSO issued documents in security paper including CENOMAR

5) Affidavits of Employment, Trainings/Seminars, and Baptism/Confirmation w/ Regional Trial Court (RTC) Certification

6) Other Notarized Documents (SPA, Affidavit of Support and Guarantee, Consent, etc.) with RTC Certification

7) Medical Certifications authenticated by DOH

8) PRC Documents

9) LTO License Certification (issued by LTO main office only)

10) Foreign Documents authenticated by the Philippine/Consulate or documents authenticated by Foreign Embassies/Consulates based in the Philippines

11) School Records (TOR, Diploma, Form 137, etc) w/ CHED, TESDA, or DEP-Ed Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV)

12) School Records with CAV issued by State Colleges and Universities

In addition, regardless of affinity, an applicant may send an authorized representative to apply on his behalf. Authorized Representative must have a valid ID and has to present a signed authorization letter or SPA from the applicant, a photocopy of applicant’s ID bearing his signature, and a photocopy of the authorized representative’s ID.


1. *Issued within Metro Manila only.

2. In case the document needs further verification, the applicant is advised to file at Authentication Division, Aseana Building, corner Bradco Ave., Macapagal Blvd., Parañaque City. 3. Liaison Officers of Recruitment Agencies are not allowed to transact authentication services at any Satellite Consular Office (SCO).

Reference: DFA Website



13 thoughts on “DFA Authentication of Documents

    • If you would ask me, my answer is NONE. The certificate has no expiration date written on it except of course the authentication of NBI Clearance which we all know that is only valid for one year.

      • Hi mam Ask ko lang po currently naka Family visa ako and ngapply na kame nang RP and na-approved na kaso uuwi kase kame sa August 5, gagamit ako nang Re-Entry visa para makabalik with the same visa the Family visa. Now nagwoworry kame na baka kase maapektuhan yung applied RP ko?

        Thanks a lot madame more power 🙂

  1. or a better question is how often do I need to authenticate my TOR, diploma? mine is attested in 2010. Do I need to have it attested again by DFA Phils. or ginagawa na ito ng Phil Embassy natin dito sa Qatar?

    • Hindi po ito ginagawa sa Philippine Embassy sa Qatar or kahit saang bansa. In my own opinion kung authenticated na ito once dapat valid na ito forever. So, di ko rin maintindihan ang re-authentication na ginagawa ng iba.

      May mga docs kami na authenticated ng DFA noong 2010 at 2011 pero ginagamit pa rin namin up to now.

      Yong iba naman ang ginagawa kasi iba na yata kulay ng authentication certificate paper ngayon, dinadala na lang nila yong old authenticated document sa DFA to replace with new Authentication Certificate.

      Then, after that you have to have it stamped again by Philippine Embassy in Qatar and MOFA

  2. Good day po! How about NSO Birth Cert and Marriage Contract? Once lang din po ang authentication? How about sa passport po? Pwd po kaya via courier ang authentication ng passport para hindi na pumunta ng DFA Pasay? Di po kasi nag authenticate yung dito sa DFA Pampanga ng passport.. Thanks po.

  3. hello po mam tanong ko po kung paano po ang pag process ko ng pag pa red ribbon ng mga papers ko like dipoma,transcrip of records and nbi need po kc sa bago kung papasukang work.mag kano po ang ibabayad sa pag pa red ribbon ng mga ito?san po murang ipadala?salamat po sana po malinawan ako sa mga katanungan ko….

    • Hello..kakagawa ko lang ang authentication ng Diploma at TOR tsaka Certificate of Graduation ko. Request niyo ang Certified True Copy ng Diploma at TOR sa Office of Admission and Records sa school niyo (dalhin niyo ng original tsaka 2 photocopy ng Diploma at TOR)..sabihin niyo sa OAR na kelanggan niyo ipapa authenticate sa CHED at DFA Red Ribbon. Puwede kayo pumunta sa CHED at DFA-mas mabilis po iyun kung malapit po kayo sa CHED at DFA (nagbayad ko Php40 sa CHED at Php100/set of documents sa DFA). Puwede niyo din ipagawa sa school (Php depende sa school) pero processing time ay mga 1-2 months. May nagsabi sa ibang website na puwede ipadala through DHL pero 2012 pa iyun.

  4. Hi Maam. July 17 2014 ko pa po ibinigay sa Travel agency para ipa red ribbon ang aking NBI fingerprints, at ipapadala rin yun sa AUE embassy Manila. Wala akong SPA na sila ang magpapadala sa DFA on my Behalf. hanggang ngayon wala pa ang Fingerprints ko. Sa isip ko kasi baka sumabit yung agency. Ang tagal na 2 months na. Kailangan ko talaga finegrprints ko para sa application ng Police Clearance ko sa DUbai.Nagbabaka sakali lang po kung may problema ba sa aking document.Pina follow up ko ang agency dito sa CEbu ang sabi matatapos na raw sa UAE Embassy, Manila. I have a doubt, sa nabasa ko na about the SPA. eh wala akong ganun,. Thank you. Gemma Hall

  5. hi gud morning po according po sa requirements ng mgpa red ribbon ng nso birth at cenomar need p po ng receipt?’nwala ko n po kc ang receipt.pls rply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s