I have summarize below the procedures and requirements in processing your family resident Visa. The following are only based on our own and some of our friends experiences. If you know any additional information that may be of help to our fellow kabayans, please feel free to comment below.
Note: If you have not subscribed yet in Metrash, it is advisable that you subscribe first in metrash with MOI (No Charge), so that you will get SMS alert regarding the Visa status application.
Subscribe for Metrash2 just in two steps.
1. If you are not subscribed for normal Metrash service, subscribe for it on MoI website, click here for more info.
2. Send an SMS from your Metrash subscribed mobile to 92992 with following format M2R
You will receive an SMS with download link and two part activation code. download the link, enter the activation code choose your password and enjoy the services on your mobile.
1. Obtain a New Family Visa Form directly from MOI- Madinat Khalifa Immigration Department. The timings are 8am to 1pm and 4pm to 7pm, Sundays to Thursdays, or you may download it from here . Some people say that family visa is usually done in the morning.
2. Have the application form filled up by a typist in Arabic. There are Arabic Typing Centers at Souq Waqif opposite the Police Station. They usually charge QR5 to QR10.
3. Request your Employer/Sponsor to affix his signature and seal at the last page of the form. Then have it signed by yourself. You will also need the Computer Card from your Sponsor and you Employment Contract with Labor Department Seal.
4. Submit the application form with the following required documents (prepare 3 photocopies and original):
a.) Letter from your employer/sponsor outlining your position and salary. If company is providing you the accommodation, it must be stated in the letter. – (It should be written in Arabic and address to Ministry of Immigration. Contact your Company PRO.)
NOTE: The minimum salary requirement for family visa is QAR10,000 per month. If you work for a government agency, the letter outlining your salary and position must be approved by the Ministry of Civil Service Affairs and Housing.
b.) Copy of your Passport and Work Visa Page or Qatar ID (Pataka)
c.) Copy of your Family’s (wife and/or children) Passport
d.) Six months Bank statement (reflecting your monthly salary of at least QAR10,000)
e.) Attested Marriage Certificate (if applying for wife) – See Attestation details below
f.) Attested child/children Birth Certificates (if applying for children) – See Attestation details below
g.) Copy of your Attested Education Certificate / Academic Qualification /Diploma – See Attestation details below
h.) Kharamaa bill in your name
i.) House Contract in your name (properly stamped with Baladiya) – It is the responsibility of the House Owner to have the contract stamped by Baladiya however if they require you to do it, you may have no choice as it is an important requirement now. This will be attested on Doha Municipality (Baladiya) near HSBC in C-Ring Road corner Al Saad Road. You need the following for attestation. Tenancy Contract (3 copies and original), your ID and the Land Owner’s ID, Authorization Letter from the Owner to attest the Contract, Title of the Land and fill the application form which is available in Baladiya. You will be asked to pay 1% of your annual rent.
But, if you are in a sub-lease house, you will need the following requirements:
1. Tenancy contract between 1st party (Owner) & 2nd party (Your Landlord – either company or individual). (make 3 copies of this)
2. ID of 1st party
3. ID of 2nd & 3rd party (you are the 3rd party)
4. Authorization letter from 1st party that he is allowing 2nd party to sub-lease the property
5. Title of land
6. If the 1st party is also the 2nd party (company owned by 1st party):
6.1 copy of commercial record
6.2 copy of commercial permit
6.3 copy of authorized signatory card
4. Now your application must be complete and ready for submission… Go to Immigration Department in Madinat Khalifa Area, Building No. 4, First Floor.
After submitting the Visa application, do not forget that you will be given a receipt with application number. You may track the status through MOI Website.
5. Click on the second radio button and enter the application number and Your QID.
6. The status will be “The Request accepted” means same day you will get SMS from MOI with visa application no. If “The Request refused” go to Labour Department and check for the reason and comply with the requirement.
a) In case the reason is not mentioned, then request for an appointment (with captain) to know the reason. Go with full preparation along with all submitted documents (copy) and original.
b) Ask the reason for rejection, normally the captain will ask you some question just i.e what is your job/ Salary/ Nature of Company (They want some clarification from the submitted application. Check the status in same above mol link. It will be approved.
7. Once you received SMS with visa application no. Then, you may track the status through MOI Website click on “Visa approval tracking” Enter your visa no (Received in SMS) and ID No.
8. Once your received an SMS “Visa ready to Delivery” or “Ready for printing” status in the moi website, go to Immigration Office with the Online print (Visa Ready for printing-it’s not compulsory) and original passport of the applicants and your ID. No application is required here.
9. Pay the amount (QR200) and get the family visa. Now you can send this visa to your wife & children (to home country). They can arrive based on this visa.
If your wife is already here (Qatar) in visit visa, you may request to convert the family visit visa to familyresident visa by paying additional QR 500 and they will affix a sticker in passport (No need to exit from Qatar). You can do this same time when you are getting the family visa.
The following attestations are required on the Original Documents:
1. DFA Authentication (Red Ribbon) – DFA Authentication Division’s New Address is at DFA-OCA Building Diosdado Macapagal Avenue, Parañaque City. You shall proceed to the Department of Foreign Affairs Authentication Division to authenticate the document with red ribbon (processing fee Php100per document for regular processing of 5 days and Php200 for rush processing of 2 days)
2. Philippine Embassy in Qatar – You have to bring the documents to the Philippine Embassy in Qatar for notary and authentication (QAR100.00 fee)
3. At the end – Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in Qatar – Then go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) at C Ring Road opposite Gulf Cinema for attestation (QAR20 per document they only accept debit/credit cards)
In the Philippines:
1. When you now have an Visa Notice for your family, which is by default valid for 3 months only, you may send the printed Visa Notice to your family in the Philippines or provide them the Visa number and they can print copies from here
2. Dependent who is above 18 yrs old should take Medical Exam in any Qatar authorized Medical Testing. You may find the list of Approved Qatar Medical Centers or Clinics here. Children below 18 years of age is not required for Medical Exam.
3. Then, the following documents need to be submitted personally to Qatar Embassy for Visa Stamping. The new address and contact numbers of Qatar Embassy is:
Qatar Embassy Manila, Philippines
Block 4 lot 6 Santiago Street Paseo de Magallanes, Magallanes Village, Makati City
Telephone: 856-6666/ 856-1222/ 856-1444*
Emabassy Office Hours: 9:00am to 4:00pm
*Filing: Monday to Friday between 9am-10am only.
*Releasing: On the third (3rd) working day from the date of filing between 2pm-4pm.
* Please be informed that effective June 3, 2013, the Consular Section will no longer be receiving Cash Payments.They will only accept ATM (Debit) Card and Credit Card payments (MASTER CARD & VISA CARD) for all visa and authentication related transactions.
Please prepare the original and photocopies of the following and make sure all documents are valid and not expired.
- Original Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel)
- Medical Certificate (fit to travel) issued only by an accredited clinic by the Qatar Embassy – see above for list; (children ages 11 years old and below are exempted from medical requirement)
- 2 pcs 2×2 size colored photos with white background
- Processing Fee (Php358.97)
Submit these requirements at the Qatar Embassy in Manila with address above. You need to submit them personally. Should you need a representative to process them for you, you can send an authorization letter of your representative and copies of your valid IDs and his valid IDs.
When they arrived in Qatar:
10. Your wife/children must first obtain a blood-type certificate from any clinic before undergoing the Medical Commission exam. Then, take your wife/children to Medical Commission (Abu Hamour) with the following documents (Original passport, Visa copy & QAR 100). No application required here. Please note that the medical exam should be done within seven (7) days from the date of their arrival in Qatar.
The medical exam comprises a blood test and chest X-ray. Diseases being screened include:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
Note: For Family Visit Visa to Family Resident Visa –Mention this conversion in the registration counter. You will need to pay QAR500 per family member and QAR400 for babies.
11. You will then get an SMS alert from metrash that medical is ok. Then check from MOI wesite and click on “RP application tracking and Printing” and enter Visa No. and ID No. you will get a form from the above website where you need to fill some supplementary data.
12. After completing the medical test, adults are required to register their fingerprints digitally with the MOI. The fingerprinting headquarters is located on Salwa Road off the Industrial Area flyover. Other service centers are located in:
- Al Khor
- Al Shamal
- Industrual Area (near Nissan roundabout)
Proceed for finger print (Abu Hamour) with the printout from website after Medical approval (they just need the visa number. To be on the safer side, you may bring Visa copy, ID and Original Passport).
13. You will then get SMS alert (Finger print ok), then proceed to immigration with the following (Printout of the form from MOI website duly filled, after medical approval, Copy of ID and passport of sponsor) QR 500, if you are applying residency for one year and same amount for every additional year and get the RP card by paying the required amount.
If you have further questions, please post it below and I will try my best to reply at the soonest.