FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON NBI CLEARANCE PROCESSES
NBI is now implementing the NBI Biometric Clearance System, which involves the scanning of the ten fingers of clearance applicant. If the previous system of taking fingerprint impressions uses ink and is messy, the new system uses fingerprint scanner and will not leave any smudge on the fingers.
Since 2011, the NBI Clearance has now its own permanent site, the NBI Clearance building located at UN Avenue, Ermita, Manila. It is within the Bureau’s Main Office premises at said place. It is open from 6:00am to 5:00pm.
The regional and district offices, Local Government Units, and Ever Gotesco Malls are open from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Duty Free Phils. opens from 9:00am to 5:00pm (for Travel Abroad only) while Robinson Malls are open from 10:00am to 7:00pm. All these processing centers are open from Mondays to Fridays except holidays.
How do we apply for NBI clearance under this new system?
– Go to the nearest NBI clearance outlet, the list of which will be enumerated below, and line up to get an application form. An application form may also be downloaded from here. Answer all the required personal data on the form.
– The requirements are two (2) valid Identification Cards, such as:
a) Valid passport
b) Voter’s ID
c) Driver’s License
d) PRC License
e) SSS ID
f) GSIS UM ID
g) Postal ID
h) School ID
i) TIN ID
j) Philhealth ID
k) Authenticated Birth Certificate
l) Alien Certificate of Registration
m) Senior Citizen’s ID
n) Previous Copy of NBI Clearance
The steps are as follows:
a) Present the accomplished application form, together with two (2) valid ID’s, to the Data Check Counter, for checking, if data are complete and correct;
b) Pay for the corresponding clearance fee at the Payment Counter;
c) The data on the application form will be encoded at the Data Entry or Encoding Counter. A PC monitor is provided for the applicants to check any encoding error, thus, avoiding repayment on their part and complaint against the encoder;
d) Picture-taking or image capture and scanning of the applicant’s fingerprints (Biometric) will follow;
e) At the Image and Biometric Counter, name of applicant is automatically searched against the Name Database to check whether one has no or with namesake;
f) NBI clearance certificate of one who has no namesake will be printed at the Printing Counter and released on the same date of application;
g) Those with namesakes are verified against the Criminal History Database to check whether one has criminal record/s;
h) Those with namesakes are advised to proceed to the Releasing Counter located at the Ground Floor of the Clearance Building, on the release date written at the back of the Official Receipt;
i) Those found to have criminal records are advised to proceed to the Quality Control for interview. Interviewers will require an applicant to execute an Affidavit of Denial if he is not the offender and Court Clearance/Order if he is the offender.
How much do we pay for NBI clearance application?
– Clearance fee depends on the purpose of application such as the following:
A. Naturalization, Cancellation of Alien Certificate Of Registration (ACR) and Repatriation – Php415.00
B. Business Requirement, Change of Name, Permit to Carry Firearms, Adoption, NFA, POEA, PRA, SEC Requirement – Php165.00
C. Travel Abroad, Visa Seaman, Local Employment, Other Requirement – Php115.00
NBI Clearance Outlet Address
a) NBI Clearance Center U. N. Avenue, Ermita, Manila
b) Quezon City Hall Makatarungan St. Diliman QC
c) Muntinlupa City Victory Shopping Center, Alabang
d) Mandaluyong City Hall Maysilo Circle, Mandaluyong City
e) SM SouthMall Alabang Zapote Rd, Las Pinas
f) Robinson’s Place Basement I Ermita, Manila
g) Robinson’s Otis Level 2 Guanzon St Paco, Mlah) Robinson’s Galleria Basement I Ortigas Ave QC
i) Robinson’s Metro East Level 4 Marcos Hi-way Pasig
j) Robinson’s Cainta Level 2 Junction Cainta, Rizal
k) Robinson’s Novaliches Novaliches QC
l) Ever Gotesco Recto 3rd Flr Cinema 3 Recto Ave, Mla
m)Ever Commonwealth 2nd Flr Cinema I Comm., QC
n) Duty Free Fiesta Mall N Aquino Ave Paranaque City
Outside Metro Manila (Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao)
a) Marilao Municipal Hall Beside PNP Stn Marilao, Bulacan
b) Lipa City Hall Lipa City, Batangas
c) Rodriguez Mun Hall Rodriguez, Rizal
d) Calamba Mun Hall Calamba, Laguna
e) Robinson’s Tarlac Hacienda Luisita
f) Robinson’s Dasmarinas Dasmarinas, Cavite
g) Robinson’s Imus Imus, Cavite
h) Robinson’s Sta Rosa Sta Rosa, Laguna
i) CyberGate Cebu City
j) Tuburan Satellite Office Tuburan, Cebu
k) Tagbilaran Bohol Tagbilaran, Bohol
l) Bien Unido Bohol
NBI Regional and District Offices
1) Cordillera Administrative Region Baguio City
2) Ilocos Regional Office San Fernando, La Union
3) Dagupan District Office Dagupan City
4) Laoag District Office Laoag City, Ilocos Norte
5) Vigan District Office Vigan, Ilocos Sur
6) Cagayan Valley Reg Office Tuguegarao, Cagayan
7) Bayombong District Office Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya
8) Isabela District Office Ilagan, Isabela
9) Central Luzon Reg Office San Fernando, Pampanga
10) Bulacan District Office Malolos City, Bulacan
11) Cabanatuan District Office Cabanatuan City, N Ecija
12) Olongapo District Office Olongapo City, Zambales
13) Tarlac District Office Tarlac City, Tarlac
14) CaLaBaRZon Batangas City, Batangas
15) Cavite District Office Tagaytay City, Cavite
16) Lucena District Office Lucena City, Quezon
17) Laguna District Office Sta Rosa, Laguna
18) MiMaRoPa Calapan, Oriental Mindoro
19) Puerto Princesa District Off Puerto Princesa, Palawan
20) Bicol Regional Office Naga City, Camarines Sur
21) Legaspi District Office Legaspi City, Albay
22) Western Visayas Reg Office Iloilo City, Iloilo
23) Bacolod District Office Bacolod City, Negros Occ
24) Central Visayas Reg. Office Cebu City, Cebu
25) Dumaguete District Office Dumaguete City, Negros Or
26) Eastern Visayas Reg Office Tacloban City, Leyte
27) Samar District Office Catbalogan City, SamarRegion IX
28) Western Mindanao Reg Off Zamboanga City
29) Dipolog District Office Dipolog City
30) Pagadian District Office Pagadian City
31) Northeastern Mindanao Cagayan de Oro City
32) Iligan District Office Iligan City
33) Southeastern Mindanao Davao City
34) Tagum District Office Tagum City
35) Central Mindanao Koronadal City
36) Saranggani District Office General Santos City
37) CARAGA Butuan City
38) ARMM Cotabato City
How do persons living abroad apply for NBI Clearance?
– Secure NBI clearance application form from the PhilippineEmbassy/Consulate in the country where applicant resides, else, ask a relative in the Philippines to send application form, which can be secured from the Office of the Identification and Records Division (IRD), 4th Floor, NBI Clearance Building, UN Ave., Manila.
– Accomplish the form and ask for assistance in taking your fingerprint impressions (rolled) and have it signed by the one who assisted in the fingerprinting. Attach one (1) 2×2 picture
in white background, photocopy of passport, photocopy of Identification Card/s and Authorization letter if a relative in the Philippines will submit the application in your behalf.
This relative will also be in-charge of sending you your NBI clearance certificate.
If you are sending the application to the Philippines thru mail or forwarders, address same to
Ms. Julie Macalit
Mailed Clearance Section, 2nd Floor NBI Clearance Building, U.N. Avenue, Ermita, Manila.
If you will send a check, it should be payable to the NBI Director in Philippine currency in the amount of two hundred pesos (P200.00) with drawee bank in the Philippines. If you will send cash, dollars are acceptable, the amount of which, is equivalent to two hundred pesos (P200.00). Your NBI clearance certificate will be mailed to you thru air mail.
NBI Clearance Online Application
There is also an NBI Clearance online application which the detailed process can be found here.
How about foreign nationals who need NBI clearance?
– Fill-out the NBI application form for foreigners (red Fingerprint Chart). You will also be required to fill-out the application form for the Biometric Clearance System. Indicate
on the application form your name that is reflected on your passport. Attach photocopy of your passport and Alien certificate of registration (ACR).
– Go through the steps of clearance processing, after which, submit application to the Alien Counter, where you will be fingerprinted for rolled impression.
– You will be advised when to claim for your NBI Clearance Certificate.
For more information and clarification:
– You can reach NBI at Telephone number 5261294 or at Trunkline 5238231 Local 5523, 5499 and 5502;
– Email NBI at email@example.com;
– You can text your questions regarding online application andGCash Payment at 0917-5638052.
Source: NBI website (http://www.nbi.gov.ph/nbcs/FAQ.pdf)